Monday, September 18, 2006

The Kite Runner

I just finished reading the book The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini. I thought that this was going to be another political propaganda book but when I started reading it, that idea quickly faded. I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. It was a riveting story and it held my interest in every chapter, I even cried at a few points. I couldn't put it down. The reason why I felt it wasn’t propaganda is b/c I didn’t feel like someone was trying to sell me something or persuade me in any way. I came away with a new understanding of what the people of Afghanistan went through and what they had and still have to deal with.

1 comment:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

So the book persuaded you to change your opinion of Afghanistan and it's people. Isn't that one of the signposts of propaganda?