Thursday, September 07, 2006

Consumer Type

I would consider myself a smart media consumer b/c I consume all types of media. I don't buy into things very easily, I like to do my research before buying a product just b/c I saw it being advertised somewhere. I like to compare different perspectives: for instance I watch US World News, and then compare it to BBC World News and there are striking differences in everything from presentation to the headlines... I watch TV, and I like watching commercials. It's just one way for me to see what else is new and out there for the consumer. I also surf the net a bit, now I am kind of a "newsy". I look at magazines, I'm usually a flipper but lately I've been buying them. I definitely buy things to try them out too. I watch TV for a few hours at night, the news, my favorites like discovery, and discovery science, comedy central, stuff like that.
Before I was one of those ignorant people who didn't want to know what was going on with politics and such. I figured what is the point, but the point is that I now need to know, its not a matter of wanting to be informed. I feel like there are many injustices in our country, and even though I get really pissed, I have realized its better to be in the know than being in the dark and pretending everything is fine...

No comments: