Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Books?

Whenever I think of media it is always the more popular forms like the net, and TV, it's weird how things become outdated. I know some people that don't even read anymore, that's a shame but it's their choice. I however like my books. I am not a collector but I do keep some of the books I read. I was recently thinking about what would happen if we didn't have books. Would they be in a digital form of a book, or solely on the computer screen? I don't know, and I hope not b/c staring at the screen for hours like you take the time to read a book would cause me a lot of headaches! What about reading in the tub, that's a classic past time, or just carrying a book around? Replace that with a laptop and that would be a pain. Of course there has already been a revolution in books, where there are digital novels and books in palm pilots but I hope that the world doesn't think it's time to move on. Personally I am a romantic and there is just something about cozying up with a book, and enjoying every turn of a page, with that anticipation of what will be on the next page. Somehow I don't think I would feel the same if I was scrolling on a computer screen...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Aidan or Big? Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo? To Blow or not to blow? Tell us what you prefer and join our Sex and the City presentation group. Contact Kelley or Jessica

Anonymous said...

hi! i was just wondering if you could tell me how you posted pictures on your blog. i followed the help menu instructions several times but the picture never shows on my blog. thanks!