Monday, October 23, 2006

I watched the new "Celebrity Paranormal Project" that aired last night on VH1. It's about 5 celebrities that visit a supposedly haunted location. They go inside the haunted location and try to see or hear any paranormal activity. I don't know what to believe... I mean it's on TV so chances are it is probably staged but the people that share the experiences with the beyond seem genuinely scared. What is interesting is that when the celebs get their assignments the base command tells them the whole story about the deceased they are trying to connect with. So the celebs automatically have this image and idea in their head of what they are going to see. They also can’t return to the base until they have completed their assignment. The cognitive perception is easily fooled when the idea is already presented in their mind. So it is hard to determine whether the images the experiences are real. I also think that this show is a little disrespectful towards the dead. The people go in and contact the dead just so they can have the experience. I do believe in spirits and maybe some of them are trapped but I don't think that it is right to disturb the dead. It’s not like they are trying to free the spirits so they can “cross over.” It seems more for the purpose of entertainment, even so when I was watching the show it did give me chills at some points. I wonder if the celebs get paid for it…

No comments: