Sunday, August 27, 2006

A New World

Hi my name is Megan, I am 22 and I just moved here with my husband to San Jose CA from Plymouth NH. This is my 1st blog. It's pretty quiet back home but it is a whole new world out here. I was on the road for 1 week being exposed to many different types of media. We drove cross country and camped out here and there. We stayed in Salt Lake City at the KOA campground and in the morning they gave us a flyer for a discount at Denny's. We ended up stopping and eating there thanks to the flyer. During the trip I listened to the radio, caught up on some music, surfed the net, followed signs for tourist attractions, and used my cell phone.... the point is that even though I was on the road, sometimes out in the middle of no where, I was still consumed by the media. I will not pretend that I don't like the media. I love tv, music, the internet, and recently I have been watching a lot of news and getting more involved in the present issues of our world. Did anyone here about the Pascua Lama project involving 2 glaciers in Chile? Here is the link... http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/pascualama.asp. This is a true current event so check it out, it basically comes down to the water being permanently contaminated and unfit for consumption... ever :( I ended up joining the list to support the protest :) Anyway I love it here, the warm weather is beautiful, and there is so much to do. I miss Dunkin Donuts though…

No comments: